Date of Last Revision: November 16, 2016
Information We Collect
To use WebPortGlobal.com, you must register and establish a personal profile on WebPortGlobal.com by providing general information about yourself, including, without limitation, your email address. When you register with us, you may provide us with certain personal information, such as username, email address, and company name. The decision to provide this information is optional but you may be prohibited from using certain features of WebPortGlobal.com if you decide not to provide the requested information.
WebPortGlobal.com may collect your personal information from you directly, automatically through your computer, or via third parties.
Information we collect from you directly: We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features or directly contact us.
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number and mobile number;
- Username, password and password reminder questions and answers;
- Communications preferences;
- Geography, industry, business interests, demographic data;
- Search queries and results;
- Payment and identity verification information such as a credit card number;
- Another user’s contact information that you may provide when you refer a friend to a particular service;
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features; and/or
- Correspondence you send to us.
Information we collect automatically: We may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Information about your unique interactions with WebPortGlobal.com and our content, whether such content is viewed on or through our site or whether you simply participate in discussions or otherwise communicate in any way on or through WebPortGlobal.com about particular subjects on other sites and/or through other media, including, without limitation, the type of content viewed or referenced, your opinions or commentary concerning such content or the party owning, creating, licensing, manufacturing or delivering such content, and your communications with others in the WebPortGlobal.com community about any content;
- Your physical location during such times as you are using WebPortGlobal.com, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Information about your interactions with email and other messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting WebPortGlobal.com;
- Web pages you view and links you click on within WebPortGlobal.com;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
- Standard server log information.
Information we collect from third parties. We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded video players), from partners, and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data such as gender, age and date of birth;
- If you access third-party services through WebPortGlobal.com, your username and password for those services and other information available about you on those services;
- Your interests and purchasing behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Remember that all of the information we collect about you may be used independently or combined with other information about you and others, including both to provide third parties information about the content you are viewing and demographic and other information relative thereto, and to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services.
Our Use of Information
We generally use information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic content, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls and message boards;
- Provide you with special offers and promotional materials on behalf of WebPortGlobal.com, our affiliated companies and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Analyze the use of WebPortGlobal.com and information about our visitors to understand and improve our service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit WebPortGlobal.com;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Our sharing of information
Although we will not sell or rent your email address, we will share information that you provide us and that we collect about you in the following ways:
- We will share with third parties:
- demographic information concerning you and the location from which you are using any WebPortGlobal.com services,
- content you reference or are viewing, have viewed, or have indicated you want or do not want to view,
- your opinions or commentary concerning any content or product or service offering or the party owning, creating, licensing, manufacturing or delivering such content or products or services, and
- your communications with others in the WebPortGlobal.com community.
- You may be asked to consent to have your contact or other personal information shared with third-party business partners.
- We may share your information with certain third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including website hosting, payment processing, customer support, online chat, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
- We may share information we collect about you with our affiliated companies so we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of WebPortGlobal LLC, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- We may disclose information about you, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
How we protect your information
We take precautions to ensure that your personal information is secure from unauthorized access, such as internal corporate policies to limit access to systems which store your personal information. No data, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure if it is transmitted over the internet or other network. While we strive to protect your personal information which is transmitted over or through WebPortGlobal.com, you do so at your own risk. We will store your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to provide you with our services and we will periodically destroy or otherwise dispose of old or dated personal information in accordance with our corporate policies. We may archive a copy of your personal information to comply with law, respond to legal process or protect and defend our legal rights and materials.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- These are cookies that are required for the operation of WebPortGlobal.com. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of WebPortGlobal.com, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies
- They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around WebPortGlobal.com when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way WebPortGlobal.com works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies
- These are used to recognise you when you return to WebPortGlobal.com. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies
- These cookies record your visit to WebPortGlobal.com, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make WebPortGlobal.com and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We may also from time to time use tools to analyse the data collected via WebPortGlobal.com including, but not limited to, Google Analytics.
Visiting from Outside the United States
WebPortGlobal.com is located in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of WebPortGlobal.com may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to Irish and United States law. The privacy and data protection laws of Ireland and in the United States may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
Users visiting from outside the European Economic Area By using and participating in WebPortGlobal.com or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Users visiting from the European Economic Areas If you are located in Ireland or any other country in the European Economic Area, you hereby consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States of your personal data from your location in the European Economic Area to WebPortGlobal.com located in the United States.
How we protect the privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. By using WebPortGlobal.com, you promise that you are at least 13 years old. We will delete from our records any personal information that we have inadvertently received from a child under the age of 13 as soon as we are aware of such information. In addition, we recommend that minor children 13 years of age or older seek their parents permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the internet.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You also have the right to correct any errors in your personal data. You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us.
Access to Information
The Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions? Contact Us
WebPort Global LLC
2 Seaport Lane, 9th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.